Locations: Chicago and Cleveland (2 positions)
CSA Group is headquartered in Toronto with regional sites across Canada, Asia, Europe and the US. Our knowledge and expertise encompass standards development; training and advisory solutions; global testing and certification services across key business areas including hazardous location and industrial, plumbing and construction, medical, safety and technology, appliances and gas, alternative energy, lighting and sustainability; as well as consumer product evaluation services. We are one of the leading organizations for global product testing and certification. The CSA certification mark appears on billions of products worldwide.
We are currently accepting applications for two Special Inspectors/Field Evaluators based in Chicago and Cleveland. The primary function of this job is to provide Special Inspection and US Field Evaluation services to clients in any part of the world. These positions report to the Product Group Manager – Electrical Certification.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Performs technical evaluations of non-certified equipment within their area of expertise. Ensures product meets technical requirements and is free of potential for fire and shock hazards. Decisions are based on field evaluations and testing under the Field Evaluation program. Technically competent to evaluate all products, including new and unique products, with assistance of other technical staff as necessary.
• Communicates with clients in a professional manner to schedule inspection appointments, review costing procedures, answer questions, and provide technical information service and direction based on the scope of the Field Evaluation program. Reviews submitted technical drawings for evaluation.
• Documents with sufficient detail, technical reports for required alterations to sub-standard equipment. Reviews details of corrective action with client.
• Conducts research on technical and procedural issues, including: technical research on standards, SI Guidelines.
Collaborates with Engineering, Lab and colleagues with respect to procedural issues, interpretation and past practices.
Preferred Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related Sciences with 3 years industry related experience; Engineering Technology or Associates Degree with 5 years industry related experience; or a Journeyman Electrician with 3 years industry related experience; or related technical field with 7+ years industry related experience
• Certification / Lab Testing experience preferred;
• Strong interpersonal skills; self-starter; good decision-making skills and organizational skills
• Strong conflict resolution skills to be able to handle difficult situations
• Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and test data as required to complete assigned duties
• Computer skills (word processing, e-mail)
• Usage of calibrated measurement instruments, high voltage test equipment, hand tools
• Ability to manage multiple inspection files and changing schedules and deadlines with supervision
• Working knowledge of laboratory instrumentation, as well as general laboratory procedures
Travel up to 40%
Applications should be made directly to the CSA Career site: http://www.csagroup.org//careers/
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.