Engineering Consulting Firm seeks Part-Time Residential Inspector for its Mentor, OH Office. The individual will perform inspections to verify that construction is completed in a workmanlike manner. The individual to insure all improvements conform with approved applications, plans, and specifications while following all requirements of the Residential Code of Ohio, Zoning Resolution, or other related building laws enforced by its local jurisdiction.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare accurate inspection reports.
- Issuing violations and/or summonses for non-compliance.
- Assist construction contractors and the public with interpreting building codes and City ordinances by disseminating information orally and in writing, as requested.
- Inspect residential and commercial improvements during construction; maintain accurate inspection logs, report observations to their supervisor, and communicate concerns
- Accurately and professionally provide expert testimony at administrative and/or criminal court hearings.
- Investigate complaints of alleged code violations which may include performing on-site inspections, notifying violators and discussing/negotiating resolution.
- Must be familiar with local zoning, Housing Maintenance Code, and Residential Code of Ohio.
- Collaborate with public and governmental officials.
Job qualifications include the following:
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a certified building department.
- Maintain an Ohio Residential Inspector certification.
- Be eligible to obtain certification as a Residential Building Official and Commercial Inspector.
- Ability to pass a fit test that indicates their ability to perform inspections in adverse weather conditions.
- Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License, have a good driving record, reliable transportation, and proof of insurance.
Please visit our website at www.ctconsultants.com to apply online or mail your resume to:
CT Consultants, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
8150 Sterling CT
Mentor, OH 44060
tony carbone says
Scott, I see the position opening and am cetian I could fill this position properly.
I WILL retire this May ist and will be available for the position.
I hesitated in the past because it seemed Mentor did not bring on the very part time inspector.we talked about ,My new living location is conducive to working in Mentor.
Please contact me.
Thanks, Tony Carbone 2169249237 or email@example.com