Under the general direction of the Stark County Administrator and Board of Stark County Commissioners, assumes all responsibilities related to managing the operations of the Stark County Building Department. Provides leadership for direction of the department and oversees the enforcement of adopted building codes; performs advanced level managerial work; supervises assigned staff. Assures the department is customer-friendly and has the ability to resolve conflict/complaints from employees and the public. Develops and modifies department policies in accordance with overall guidelines established by the Board of Stark County Commissioners.
- Supervises department staff, preferably with labor relations experience;
- Defuses conflict situations and maintain effective working relationships with employees, builders and developers, and the general public;
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally;
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data;
- Meets and consults with builders to help them comply with applicable codes, rules and regulations, and conducts follow-up on violations;
- Examines and reviews plans and approves building and occupancy permits;
- Acts as Floodplain Administrator.
Performs other related duties as required
Any combination of training and work experience that indicates possession of the skills, knowledge and abilities listed above.
Must be a graduate from an accredited university with a degree in architecture or engineering with either:
1) Five (5) years experience in building design or construction or Ohio Building Code
building inspection with a certified building department (and hold an Ohio
Registration as an Architect or Professional Engineer); OR
2) Ten (10) years’ experience as a construction contractor or superintendent of building
construction or OBC building inspection with a certified building department.
Must hold a valid Building Official Certification from the State of Ohio’s Board of Building Standards. Master Plans Examiner certification preferred, but not required. Must have or be able to obtain valid Ohio driver’s license.
Documents submitted are public record and must be received by May 31, 2013.
Please submit to:
Board of Stark CountyCommissioners
110 Central Plaza S., Suite 240
Canton, OH 44702
No phone calls, please.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.