Zoning/Property Maintenance Inspector
The City of North Olmsted is seeking a Full-Time Zoning/Property Maintenance Inspector for the City of North Olmsted’s Building Department. The starting salary and job description are listed below. Qualified candidates may mail, email or fax their resume, salary history, references, and a completed City application located on the City’s website under Human Resources Dept., by July 11, 2014.
City of North Olmsted
Department of Human Resources
5200 Dover Center Road
North Olmsted, Ohio 44070
$41,308.80 – $52,374.40 annual
(depending upon qualifications and experience)
CITY OF NORTH OLMSTED
JOB TITLE: Zoning/Property Maintenance Inspector
DEPARTMENT: Department of Planning and Development
Division of Building
CLASSIFICATION: Classified – Non Competitive
FLSA STATUS Non-exempt
REVISED DATE June 16, 2014
Purpose of Position:
Performs a variety of routine and complex work in the administration, interpretation and enforcement of the Zoning Code and Property Maintenance Code and related land use and development ordinances.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make site inspections as required for additions to structures, new building, fences, signs, sheds, garages or other accessory structure to verify compliance with the zoning code.
- Inspect paving installations to ensure compliance for proper base preparation.
- Perform property maintenance inspections including annual city street assessment.
- Responsible to respond to complaints of the zoning and property maintenance codes.
- Responsible to issue violation notices for non-conformity with the zoning and property maintenance codes.
- Responsible to conduct periodic site inspections and final inspections to guarantee compliance with BZD Committee of Council and the Planning and Design Commission conditions of approval.
- Prepare written reports concerning inspection results.
- Issues stop work orders when necessary.
- Any other duties assigned by the Building Commissioner or Director of Planning and Development.
Minimum Training and Experience Required:
- Residential certifications as a Residential Building Inspector or Residential Building Official issued by the State of Ohio.
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, calculate decimals and percentages, and measure data.
Language Ability and Interpersonal Skills:
- Ability to comprehend and correctly use a variety of informational documents including reference books and manuals, requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, applications, plans, site plans, grading plans, blueprints and other reports and records.
- Ability to prepare reports, letters, memos, correspondence and other job related documents using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
- Ability to accurately record and deliver information, meet deadlines and maintain confidentiality of restricted information; ability to use independent judgment, common sense and principals of influence and rational systems in the performance of tasks.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, to respond immediately to crisis situations and to balance priorities within and between offices and departments.
- Ability to maintain personal composure and tactfully handle difficult situations and interpret questions correctly; ability to behave in a responsive, understanding, helpful, and professional manner with coworkers, supervisor and the general public.
- Ability to accurately record and deliver information.
- Ability to perceive and discriminate sounds, textures, odors and shapes.
The physical requirements of the position are identified as sedentary work, which may require the lifting of up to fifty (50) pounds.
The physical activity of the position is handling, talking, hearing, listening, reaching and walking.
Incumbent works both inside and outside with exposure to temperature below 32 degrees and above 100 degrees for periods of more than an hour. Incumbent is also exposed to noise and vibration.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.