City of Cleveland Building Department is seeking to hire a Chief Architect.
Applicant will be required to review Commercial and Residential Construction Documents to determine compliance with the Ohio Building Code, Residential Code of Ohio, Cleveland Building Code and the Cleveland Zoning Code.
1. Minimum Qualifications are a High School Diploma
2. A Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Engineering from an accredited four year college or university.
3. Five years of full time paid experience as a Registered Architect or Engineer.
4. Experience as a plans examiner is preferred.
5. Must be a registered Architect or Engineer and an Interim or full-fledged Plans Examiner.
6. Valid State of Ohio Driver’s License.
Civil Service Announcement No 1A http://webapp.cleveland-oh.gov/aspnet/civilservice/get.aspx?id=509&file=ChiefArchitect-Building&Housing_Non-Comp_.pdf
Plans Examiner Certification through the State Board of Building Standards http://com.ohio.gov/dico/
If you have any questions you can contact
David Cooper, Deputy Director
Chief Building Official