Job Title: Building Inspector II
FLSA Status: Non-exempt employee
Supervisor’s Job Title: Building Commissioner
Position Summary: To perform inspections on residential and non-residential structures for compliance with the Building Codes and the Codified Ordinances of the City of South Euclid.
Position Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent and a valid Ohio Driver’s License. Must possess a current Ohio Board of Building Standards certification for Building Inspector (BI), Residential Building Inspector (RBI) and either a Plumbing Inspector certification or an Electrical Safety Inspector certification and a valid Ohio driver’s license. Additional certification for Residential Plumbing Inspector (RPI) may be required. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Proficient use of MS Word and Excel. Individual must be detail oriented, skilled in customer service, and able to function well in stressful situations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide prompt, courteous, polite, and professional service and communication to the customers of the City.
- Perform building inspections relative to all residential and non-residential structures in compliance with the Ohio Building Codes.
- Perform inspections on property and structures to determine compliance with the Business Maintenance Codes for the City of South Euclid.
- Perform administrative tasks relating to inspections conducted to include preparation of violation notices, maintenance of inspection files, computer data entry, and representing the City in Municipal Court.
- Communicate with the public, residents and contractors regarding issues of code compliance including providing information and explanation of statements of non-compliance.
- Report to the Building Commissioner regarding status of inspections and seek advice regarding issues of non-compliance.
Submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of Paul Kowalczyk, Building Commissioner, email@example.com.