Posting Date: April 4, 2019 Deadline: Until filled
JOB TITLE: RESIDENTIAL BUILDING OFFICIAL
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: MAYOR
STATUS: PART-TIME, UNCLASSIFIED, NON-EXEMPT, NON-BARGAINING
COMPENSATION: $50,000 – $60,000/year (target starting salary)
- Managing the Building Department Operations
- Review and conducts technical field inspections of buildings, equipment, and installations during various phases of building construction, installation, and operation.
- Review and inspects new building construction for footings & foundations, framing, and HVAC and existing building facilities for structural quality and safety.
- Oversee and inspects new and/or replaced driveways, driveway aprons and sidewalks.
- Detects and investigates reported and unreported hazards and possible safety problems or inadequate conditions and violations.
- Reviews new building construction plans, blueprints, specifications, and materials lists to determine compliance with applicable regulations and good building and construction practices; approves or disapproval permit applications.
- Issues permits and certifications dependent upon compliance with standards, and assists applicants in completing necessary forms; enters issued permits into computer database.
- Recommends methods, materials, equipment, and alterations to assist in compliance with accepted standards.
- Computes fees for building permits and certifications.
- Prepares and maintains reports, records, and correspondence concerning building and enforcement and inspection activities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED), and ten (10) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a Building Inspector Class III, Residential Building Official and Residential Plan Examiner certification from the State of Ohio and maintain throughout term of employment.
- Ability to read, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively.
- Must possess a valid State of Ohio driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
HOW TO APPLY: Application forms are available on the City’s website at www.cityofstreetsboro.com.
Forward a completed, signed City employment application, resume, and references to:
HR/Dept. 9184 State Route 43 Streetsboro OH 44241