THE CITY OF STREETSBORO
Part-Time Chief Building Official
Compensation: $30.00 to $31.00 per hour
Deadline to apply: Until Filled
Pursuant to the City Charter, The Director of Building shall be the head of the Department of Building and possess at least a Class I Building certification from the State of Ohio Board of Building Standards. The Chief Building Official for the City of Streetsboro is authorized by the Streetsboro Codified Ordinances (“Code”) to enforce Titles One, Three, and Five of Chapter Thirteen of the Building Code of the Code of Ordinances.
- Examines plans, issues or refuses permits under City ordinance or State Law, and inspects buildings.
- Reviews existing City Building Codes, monitor changes in model codes and makes recommendations on a yearly basis.
- Develops a written policy to maintain a yearly program to increase public awareness in regards to the City’s requirements for building codes and permits.
- Develops a written policy to attain and maintain a high level of quality and customer service. Including written guides and forms to assist the department’s customers in obtaining permits, inspections and other needed services.
- Develops a policy to examine and improve the flow of information and cooperation between agencies and/or Departments involved in the permitting and licensing process.
- Develops educational programs for contractors and homeowners.
- Issues written notices of noncompliance specifying the alleged noncompliance with an order to conform to the requirements of the City ordinances or State Laws.
- Enforces adopted regulatory codes and ordinances pertaining to building construction, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical installations, and condemnation and demolition of buildings within jurisdiction and issues stop orders as appropriate.
- Must possess Class I Building Official State Certificate from the State of Ohio Building Standards.
- Class III Building Inspector State Certificate and an Electrical Safety Inspector State Certificate preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year (4) college or university, and ten (10) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Ability to examine plans and specifications of new construction, mechanical equipment, and installation including general knowledge of electrical, heating, refrigeration, and plumbing equipment and installation to make interpretations and to determine whether such plans conform with provisions of the applicable codes and good acceptable construction practices.
- Must possess a valid State of Ohio driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Applications must be submitted to:
The City of Streetsboro
Department of Human Resources
9184 State Route 43,
Streetsboro, OH 44241
The City of Streetsboro is an Equal Opportunity Employer