Plumbing Inspector (Part-Time)
Pamela E. Bobst, Mayor
Reports To: Building Commissioner Salary: $9.01 – $20.11 per hour
Shift: Up to 25 hours a week FLSA Status: Exempt
Under general direction of the Building Commissioner, the Plumbing Inspector inspects construction and building projects and rental properties in the City and performs various miscellaneous duties to assist the department as needed.
- Inspects, observes and monitors plumbing of permitted construction within the city.
- Ensure contractors working on projects are registered and licensed by City
- Ensure construction is completed according to approved plans and in compliance with relevant laws and codes; permits are acquired and posted
- Measures, photographs and documents observations
- Studies, reviews, interprets and applies Ohio Plumbing Code, Ohio Building Code, and Ohio Residential Code
- Advises contractors to change procedures, materials, or other construction practices to comply with laws, codes and regulations
- Enters data to record inspections, notes and compliance decisions on computerized tracking system
- Performs routine rental property and exterior property maintenance inspections as required
- Assists department staff in performing various duties including but not limited to:*
- Performs routine clerical duties including data entry, copying, filing and faxing
- Performs receptionist duties; answers telephone, records and forwards messages, and assists visitors to front desk, providing information as needed
Performs miscellaneous duties as needed or assigned*
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A valid State of Ohio driver’s license is required.
- Certified Plumbing Inspector license from the State of Ohio
- At least five (5) years of previous experience involving residential and/or commercial construction, or an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the skills and abilities necessary to perform the job.
Position will be posted until filled. Applications may be obtained at www.rrcity.com/employment.html or at Rocky River City Hall. Submit completed application, cover letter and resume, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at:
Michael T. Greco, Director
Human Resources Department
City of Rocky River
21012 Hilliard Boulevard
Rocky River, OH 44116
The City of Rocky River is an Equal Opportunity Employer