Permit Technician/Office Coordinator
Olmsted Township, Cuyahoga County, Ohio
Olmsted Township is accepting applications for the position of Permit Technician/Office Coordinator. The ideal candidate will be an experienced permit technician who is a problem solver with a proven commitment to excellent customer service. This person must collaborate well with others, possess excellent organization and time management skills, and be detail oriented. If you are a confident, honest, highly motivated public servant who desires a challenge, Olmsted Township wants you!
In Olmsted Township, our team of passionate public servants comes to work each day, dedicated to providing a secure community environment that fosters cultural, recreational, educational and economic opportunities while preserving our unique historical character. Olmsted Township is situated in the southwest corner of Cuyahoga County Ohio and provides Police, Fire, Service and Building Department services and outreach to over 14,000 residents in an area spanning 10 square miles. Olmsted Township is a family-centric, west side suburb of Cleveland, governed by an elected Board of Trustees and Fiscal Officer. It has 45 full time equivalent employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will perform primary duties under direction of the Chief Building Official, not limited to the following:
- Under direction of the Chief Building Official and/or Township Engineer, process and issue building electrical, mechanical, grading, and other related permits; calculate fees based on the established fee schedule; determines and monitors approval of plans by other regulatory agencies
- Manage all operational functions of building permit activity including design and maintenance of forms, files, records, archives, departmental policies and procedures, and other documents to maintain peak performance, optimal customer service, and compliance with applicable administrative requirements (e.g., Ohio Board of Building Standards, Ohio Revised Code, records retention, etc.).
- Assist Chief Building Official and Building Inspector(s) by performing code and records research and compiling data, including, but not limited to, property history, permits, land use, ownership; reviews all permit documents to verify accuracy and completeness.
- Schedules inspector(s) and inspections, notifies permit holders of required inspections, notifies utility companies of inspection results, maintains inspection records and monitors application deadlines.
- Prepares, processes, and maintains financial records including permitting, inspection and violation fees, invoices, payments (includes verification of invoices for payment), and prepares daily bank deposits and reports and submits to the Fiscal Officer.
- Prepares, prints, collates, binds all documents; prepares all correspondence, reports, memos, purchase orders, etc.; ensures all correspondence and documents are thorough and complete.
- Distributes and prepares mail, accepts deliveries, prepares overnight shipping and end of day for processing.
- Be willing to participate in State and local associations related to continuing education for Permit Technician/ Office Coordinator.
- Always represent the Building Department in a professional manner.
- Additional duties as directed by the Chief Building Official.
The successful applicant must have two (2) years’ experience of office management and customer relations, experience in a certified building department is a plus; Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment; Candidate must be knowledgeable and be proficient with software programs including but not limited to MS Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher), applicant must have a keen ability to learn building department software programs.
Must have valid driver’s license, be bondable, able to pass a background check, and all pre-employment screenings.
Compensation, Application Materials, and Deadline
Compensation, including a comprehensive benefits package, begins at $18.00 and is dependent on experience. Download and complete the application form and submit a cover letter, resume, with salary requirements, and three (3) professional references. Applications should be submitted to Board of the Trustees,7900 Fitch Road, Olmsted Township, OH 44138. Position will remain open until filled with the first review of applications on Monday, November 21, 2022, with subsequent scheduled interviews.
Olmsted Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicant materials are subject to Ohio’s Sunshine Law and are subject to open records requests.