REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS:
MASTER PLANS EXAMINER SERVICES FOR MEDINA COUNTY
Submission Deadline: October 5, 2017, 4 P.M. Ohio Time
Medina County Board of Commissioners
Patricia G. Geissman, President
William Hutson Esq.
Proposals will be received by the Medina County Board of Commissioners for the provision of Master Plans Examiner services for the Medina County Building Inspection Department. Proposals are being solicited for a two-year contractual period commencing approximately October 23, 2017. Individuals and companies interested in providing services may receive proposal packages by contacting the Medina County Building Inspection Department, 791 W. Smith Rd, Medina, OH 44256, 330-722-9223. All proposals shall be filed in a sealed envelope marked “Master Plans Examiner Services” and must be received in the Office of the Medina County Board of Commissioners, 144 N. Broadway, Medina, OH 44256, no later than 4:00 p.m. Ohio time, October 5, 2017. This notice may also be viewed by visiting the County of Medina’s website at www.co.medina.oh.us/legal.htm
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
FOR MASTER PLANS EXAMINER SERVICES
The Board of County Commissioners (the “Board”) of Medina County, in conjunction with the Medina County Building Inspection Department (the “Department”), is seeking proposals from qualified individuals and companies for the purpose of providing professional Master Plans Examiner services on an as needed basis for certain commercial building projects in Medina County.
- THE DEPARTMENT
The Department is a division under the authority of the Board. It offers a full range of services and its mission is to safeguard Medina County residents and businesses through enforcement of the Ohio Building Code (OBC), Ohio Mechanical Code (OMC), Residential Code of Ohio (RCO), and County building regulations. The Department enforces the OBC, OMC, and RCO within all townships and villages of Medina County, and enforces the OBC and OMC within the City of Wadsworth.
- THE SERVICES
Plans examinations and production of draft nonconformance communication documents for the Department.
- Services shall only be provided by a Master Plans Examiner who holds the required certification described in Ohio Building Code Chapter 1 [Ohio Administrative Code (OAC) 4101:1] and in OAC 4101:7.
- Construction documents are to be picked up at the Department, 791 West Smith Road, Medina, during the hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m or they are provided in digital format as an attachment to e-mail or they are available at the Department’s website.
- Construction documents must be returned upon completion of plan examination.
- Draft nonconformance communication documents must be prepared in Microsoft Word format or LibreOffice format and delivered via e-mail no later than twelve calendar days from notification by County of services required.
- Services shall include, when necessary, meeting with applicants for plan approval at the offices of the Department.
- COMPENSATION AND BILLING
- It is anticipated that a minimum of eighty hours of services will be provided by the Master Plans Examiner during each year of the contract period, commencing approximately October 23, 2017.
- Travel time to pick-up construction documents is to be considered billable time.
- Roundtrip travel time to attend meetings is to be considered billable time.
- Service invoices must be billed at a contracted hourly rate that shall represent the total compensation for services. Invoices for services must identify each project for which services were performed, the hours expended in tenths of an hour, and the total amount of hours per project.
- CONTRACT TERM
The proposed term of the agreement for services shall be October 23, 2017 through October 23, 2019. The agreement may be terminated prior to the expiration of the term for any reason, upon thirty days notice. The agreement shall automatically and immediately terminate should the individual performing services no longer maintain certification as a Master Plans Examiner.
- MINIMUM PROPOSAL REQUIREMENTS
Proposals must contain the following information:
- Qualifications and experience of the individual or firm including references for similar services provided to other entities; if a firm responds, identity of the individual(s) who will be assigned to this project shall be supplied, along with their professional credentials.
- Proposed hourly rate to be charged as a fee for performance of the required services.
- Statement regarding ability to perform services within the specified timeframe.
- OTHER PROGRAM CONDITIONS
The County of Medina reserves the right to award a contract to the vendor whose proposal the County believes is in its best interest. This may or may not be the vendor with the lowest priced proposal. The County of Medina reserves the right to reject all proposals submitted, to reissue a Request for Proposals for these services, and to cancel the procurement process at any time.
The selected Master Plans Examiner shall be liable for and shall indemnify and hold the County of Medina, the Board, and the Department harmless for all claims, suits, judgments, or damages arising from Master Plans Examiner acts or omissions relating to or arising out of the provision of contracted services. The Master Plans Examiner shall be an independent contractor and shall not be considered an employee of the County of Medina, the Board, or the Department.
- SUBMISSION OF PROPOSAL
Interested parties should send an original proposal and two (2) copies in a sealed envelope marked “Master Plans Examiner Services” to the Board of County Commissioners at 144 N. Broadway, Medina, OH 44256, no later than 4:00 p.m., Ohio Time, on October 5, 2017.