Job Title: Building/Housing Inspector
Job Posting Date: October 4, 2017
FLSA Status: Non-exempt employee
Salary Range: $39,064.00 to $64,782.00 (plus certification premiums)
Supervisor’s Job Title: Building Commissioner
Position Summary: To provide Inspection Services to protect Lyndhurst community according to the minimum Code Requirements for residents and commercial properties.
Position Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent and a valid Ohio Driver’s License. Must possess a current Ohio Board of Building Standards certification for Building Inspector (BI) or Residential Building Inspector (RBI) certification (Interim certifications acceptable). Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, Proficient use of MS Word and Excel. Individual must be detail oriented, skilled in customer service, and able to function well in stressful situations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide prompt, courteous, polite, and professional service and communication to the customers of the City.
- Perform building/housing inspections relative to all residential and non-residential structures in compliance with the Ohio Building Codes.
- Perform inspections on property and structures to determine compliance with the Maintenance Codes for the City of Lyndhurst, Ohio.
- Perform administrative tasks relating to inspections conducted to include preparation of violation notices, maintenance of inspection files, computer data entry, and assist in daily office tasks and representing the City in Municipal Court.
- Communicate with the public, residents and contractors regarding issues of code compliance including providing information and explanation of statements of non-compliance.
- Report to the Building Commissioner regarding status of inspections and seek advice regarding issues of non-compliance,
Submit resume to the attention of: firstname.lastname@example.org