Part Time Building Official
Elevate Building Solutions, LLC. is currently seeking a talented and experienced Building Official to join our team. This position offers flexibility and the opportunity to play a strategic role in the growth of the organization. This position is perfect for self-motivated individuals with an entrepreneurial mind set.
The building official shall be responsible to assure that a system is in place to track and audit all projects, assure that all building department personnel perform their duties in accordance with the Ohio Building Code, and the overall administration of a building department, including applications and plan approvals, plan examination, orders, inspections, department records, and department reports.
- Assists in the overall administration and daily operations of the building department.
- Approve plans, issue permits for all work regulated by the codes, issue certificates of occupancy, and change of use.
- Perform field inspections
- Report violations and maintain files/records.
- Read and examine plans and specifications for commercial, industrial, and residential projects to ensure compliance with city, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Initiates preconstruction conferences with contractors and/or developers and associated staff members.
- Assess and resolve complaints received from clients, applicants, the public, and contractors.
- Attend meetings and functions relating to building codes.
- Form and maintain positive relationships with Municipal Personnel
- Responsible for maintaining a staff in compliance with state regulations
- Track & ensure that customer commitments and company goals related to plan review turnaround times and field inspections are consistently met or exceeded.
- Identify areas for improvement in office operations, customer service level, employee efficiency, and implement changes.
- Perform periodic site visits to review on-going projects (commercial and residential) to validate reviewed plans against actual projects.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge of local building code regulations, policies, and procedures
- Client and team management experience in a building department setting
- Have solid computer skills and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exercise initiative and display independent judgment
- Be self-directed and self-motivated
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Inspection and Plan review experience for commercial and residential structures.
- Experience supervising or mentoring as a lead building department staff
- ICC Certified Building Official
- ICC Plan Review certifications in multiple trades required
- ICC Inspector certifications in multiple trades required
- State of Ohio Certified Building Official
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary
Interested parties are asked to submit their resume to email@example.com, Attention: Julie Needs.