SAFEbuilt is currently looking for an experienced Journeyman Electrician to obtain interim approval from the Ohio Board of Building Services (information will be provided) and to enter its Training Program for Electrical Safety Inspector. The SAFEbuilt Training Program (STP) begins with an orientation surrounding the legal aspects of what building inspectors at SAFEbuilt do on a daily basis, starting at the front counter. At the completion of the orientation, the trainee’s will be assigned a mentor or Field Training Inspector. Trainees will receive on the job training on residential inspections, balancing out field experience and self-study materials. This position offers great opportunity for dynamic, motivated self-starters to mentor, train, grow and work on a variety of assignments. You’ll be a member of our highly respected building department team with a full complement of resources to support you and exciting projects to keep you challenged.
- Train on field inspections during various stages of construction
- Train to read and examine plans and specifications
- Train on reporting violations and maintaining files/records
- Perform other related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Extensive knowledge of local building codes and current construction procedures/technology
- Interpretation of codes in the field and ability to provide code compliant solutions
- Must possess the ability to positively interact with the other staff members, the general public, contractors, governmental entities, and other clientele
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management, organization, and attention to detail skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and a considerable amount of independent judgment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- OH Journeyman Electrician or equivalent and 6 years of electrician experience.
- 6+ Years of experience
- High School or Equivalent
- Good Driving Record
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary and benefits information.
More About SAFEbuilt: One of the fastest growing providers of privatized community development solutions in the country, SAFEbuilt partners with over 800 communities of all shapes and sizes throughout the country for the efficient delivery of privatized community development solutions including: building department services, community and transportation planning & zoning and community improvement services. Learn more at: http://safebuilt.com/
With Growth Comes Opportunity! Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. SAFEbuilt employs over 1,100 highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement. We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
SAFEbuilt is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us directly on 970-292-2000.
Please use this link to apply directly: https://jobapply.page.link/FPZM