Title: Cuyahoga County Board of Health Plumbing Inspector / Plumbing Plans Examiner
Date Issued: October 11, 2017
Response Date: No later than 4:30 pm on Wednesday, November 8, 2017
Return To: Rick Novickis
Director of Environmental Public Health
Cuyahoga County Board of Health
5550 Venture Dr.
Parma, Ohio 44130
(216)201-2000 ext. 1200
Contract Initiation Date: January 1, 2018
Pay Rate: Compensation based directly on activities conducted as specified in the document titled “CCBH Plumbing Inspector Compensation – Exhibit A” which is posted on the Cuyahoga County Board of Health’s website as part of an RFQ for these positions (http://www.ccbh.net/rfqs/).
Anyone interested in contracting with the Cuyahoga County Board of Health (CCBH) as a Plumbing Inspector / Plumbing Plans Examiner should submit a cover letter and a resume via email or mail to the address above. Only those submittals received by the response date and time listed above will be considered. This position is recognized as an Independent Contractor and is not an employee of the Cuyahoga County Board of Health. Please contact Rick Novickis with any questions related to this posting.
The Cuyahoga County Board of Health is seeking to contract with up to four (4) Certified Plumbing Inspectors. The candidates must maintain the appropriate certification by the Ohio Department of Commerce – Division of Industrial Compliance that is required of plumbing inspectors who conduct residential and commercial plumbing inspections and plan reviews in the jurisdiction of a local health department.
- High school graduate.
- Must possess and maintain a valid certification by the Ohio Department of Commerce – Division of Industrial Compliance as a Certified Plumbing Inspector and Plumbing Plans Examiner as required in Section 3703.04 of the Ohio Revised Code.
- Comply with all current and future certifications and/or license requirements as described by the certification/licensing agency that issues the certification and/or license.
- Expert knowledge of the Ohio Plumbing Code and any supplemental local regulations and requirements.
- Valid State of Ohio driver’s license, current certificate of vehicle insurance, and access to reliable transportation to all required work locations.
- Strong customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Treats others with courtesy and respect in all interactions.
- Responds to situations with flexibility to meet changing needs and manages multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and mathematics practices.
- Proficiency with the use of basic computer hardware and software (i.e. Microsoft Office), email, and other basic office equipment.
- Possess organizational skills and the ability to track work related assignments, activities, and other items related to the position.
- Ability to keep accurate reports and records and forward appropriate documents to the Board of Health to meet all required timelines.
- Ability to work independently and overcome challenges, address conflicts appropriately, and solve problems that may arise.
Details related to primary work functions and compensation are provided on the CCBH website (http://www.ccbh.net/rfqs/).