RFQ # 2019 – 5 Plumbing Inspector
Title: Plumbing Inspector / Plumbing Plans Examiner
Date Issued: October 21, 2019
Response Date: No later than 4:30 pm on Tuesday, November 12, 2019
Return To: Rick Novickis
Director of Environmental Public Health
Cuyahoga County Board of Health
5550 Venture Dr.
Parma, Ohio 44130
(216)201-2000 ext. 1200
Contract Initiation Date: January 1, 2020
Pay Rate: Compensation based directly on activities conducted as specified in the document titled “CCBH Plumbing Inspector Compensation – Exhibit A” which is posted on the Cuyahoga County Board of Health’s website : (http://www.ccbh.net/rfqs/).
Summary & Qualifications:
Anyone interested in contracting with the Cuyahoga County Board of Health (CCBH) as a Plumbing Inspector / Plumbing Plans Examiner should submit a cover letter and a resume via email or mail to the address above. Only those submittals received by the response date and time listed above will be considered. This position is recognized as an Independent Contractor and is not an employee of the Cuyahoga County Board of Health. Please contact Rick Novickis with any questions related to this posting.
The Cuyahoga County Board of Health is seeking to contract with up to four (4) Certified Plumbing Inspectors. The candidates must maintain the appropriate certification by the Ohio Department of Commerce – Division of Industrial Compliance that is required of plumbing inspectors who conduct residential and commercial plumbing inspections and plan reviews in the jurisdiction of a local health department.
Contractor Title: Plumbing Inspector
Start Date: January 1, 2020
Pay Rate: Compensation based directly on activities conducted as specified in the attached Exhibit titled “CCBH Plumbing Inspector Compensation – Exhibit A”
The Cuyahoga County Board of Health is seeking to contract with up to four (4) Certified Plumbing Inspectors. The candidates must maintain the appropriate certification by the Ohio Department of Commerce – Division of Industrial Compliance that is required of plumbing inspectors who conduct residential and commercial plumbing inspections and plan reviews in the jurisdiction of a local health department. This position is recognized as an Independent Contractor and is not an employee of the Cuyahoga County Board of Health.
High school graduate.
Must possess and maintain a valid certification by the Ohio Department of
Commerce – Division of Industrial Compliance as a Certified Plumbing Inspector
and Plumbing Plans Examiner as required in Section 3703.04 of the Ohio Revised Code.Comply with all current and future certifications and/or license requirements as described by the certification/licensing agency that issues the certification and/or license.
Expert knowledge of the Ohio Plumbing Code and any supplemental local regulations and requirements.
Valid State of Ohio driver’s license, current certificate of vehicle insurance, and access to reliable transportation to all required work locations.
Strong customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
Treats others with courtesy and respect in all interactions.
Responds to situations with flexibility to meet changing needs and manages multiple tasks and deadlines.
Knowledge of basic accounting and mathematics practices.
Proficiency with the use of basic computer hardware and software (i.e. Microsoft Office), email, and other basic office equipment.
Possess organizational skills and the ability to track work related assignments, activities, and other items related to the position.
Ability to keep accurate reports and records and forward appropriate documents to the Board of Health to meet all required timelines. Ability to work independently and overcome challenges, address conflicts appropriately, and solve problems that may arise.
- Enforce sections 4101:3-1 to 4101:3-13 of the Ohio Administrative Code (commonly referred to as the “Ohio Plumbing Code”), all relevant sections of the Ohio Revised Code, and the Cuyahoga County Board of Health Plumbing Regulation.
- Perform all required inspections on commercial and residential plumbing installations for enforcement of state and county codes and regulations.
- Perform plumbing plan reviews for commercial and residential plumbing installations for enforcement of state and county codes and regulations.
- Confer with contractors, engineers, architects, property owners, and others regarding plumbing installations, inspections, and plan reviews as necessary.
- Answer any questions concerning the plumbing code and installations.
- Issue violations and compliance orders for alteration of installations that fail to comply fully with the code.
- Maintain routine contact with the designated representative(s) of the Board of Health in regard to the issuances of permits, the review of plans, the scheduling of inspections and all other program activities.
- Maintain all records and reports to document the status of plumbing installations, inspections, and plan reviews.
- Maintain a log of all inspections, property visits and examinations, plan reviews, and other relevant plumbing program activities performed. The log shall contain sufficient information to determine the Inspector’s activity, status of the project being examined, and approval or disapproval of each inspection. This log shall be submitted to the Board of Health as required. The Inspector shall keep a true and accurate monthly service report detailing the professional services provided for that month. The monthly report shall serve as the Inspector’s invoice for payment of services rendered upon written approval by the Board of Health’s designee.
- Maintain all required state certifications as required by the Ohio Administrative and Revised Codes and provide evidence of such certification to the Board of Health as requested.
- Adhere to any and all Occupational Safety and Health Administration standards relevant to job duties and employ all necessary safety policies and procedures to minimize the potential for accidents or injuries while performing duties associated with this position.
- Performance of duties requires exertion of frequent but not constant physical effort including, standing, sitting, talking, handling, and grasping. Occasionally engages in lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, grasping, repetitive motions, and feeling. Frequently involves ability to handle objects and materials of moderate weight (up to 50 pounds).
- Performance of primary duties requires frequent exposure to adverse environmental conditions including extreme temperatures, moisture, and other adverse atmospheric conditions. Conditions with poor illumination may be experienced on the job site.
- In some settings, inspectors may occasionally need to relate to contractors,
- property owners, or members of the general public who exhibit challenging atypical or hostile behaviors and/or communication.
CCBH Plumbing Inspector Compensation
Effective January 1, 2020
Plumbing Inspection Residential $50.00 per inspection
Commercial $75.00 per inspection
Plan Review Residential $50.00
Consultation/Complaint Inspection Residential $50.00
- For typical new construction and for permits requiring submittal of plans, up to three inspections are assumed.
- For permits not requiring plan submittal, up to two inspections are assumed.
- Permits for basic replacement or repair may only require one inspection.
- The contractor / homeowner may be charged a re-inspection fee for each additional inspection beyond the assumed total as deemed necessary to ensure code compliance.