Contract Position: Plumbing Inspector – part-time
Contract Period: 24 months – January 1, 2024 through December 31, 2025
Rate: Varies – see details below
Hours: Varies based on geographic location and permit activity
- High school graduate.
- Must possess and maintain a valid certification by the Ohio Department of Commerce – Board of Building Standards as a Certified Plumbing Inspector and Plumbing Plans Examiner as required in Section 3703.04 of the Ohio Revised Code.
- Comply with all current and future certifications and/or license requirements as described by the certification/licensing agency that issues the certification and/or license.
- Expert knowledge of the Ohio Plumbing Code and any supplemental local regulations and requirements.
- Valid State of Ohio driver’s license, current certificate of vehicle insurance, and access to reliable transportation to all required work locations.
- Strong customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Treats others with courtesy and respect in all interactions.
- Responds to situations with flexibility to meet changing needs and manages multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and mathematics practices.
- Proficiency with the use of basic computer hardware and software (i.e. Microsoft Office), email, and other basic office equipment.
- Possess organizational skills and the ability to track work related assignments, activities, and other items related to the position.
- Ability to keep accurate reports and records and forward appropriate documents to the Board of Health to meet all required timelines.
- Ability to work independently and overcome challenges, address conflicts appropriately, and solve problems that may arise.
- Enforce sections 4101:3-1 to 4101:3-15 of the Ohio Administrative Code (commonly referred to as the “Ohio Plumbing Code”), all relevant sections of the Ohio Revised Code, and the Cuyahoga County Board of Health Plumbing Regulation.
- Perform all required inspections on commercial and residential plumbing installations for enforcement of state and county codes and regulations.
- Perform plumbing plan reviews for commercial and residential plumbing installations for enforcement of state and county codes and regulations.
- Confer with contractors, engineers, architects, property owners, and others regarding plumbing installations, inspections, and plan reviews as necessary. Answer any questions concerning the plumbing code and installations.
- Issue violations and compliance orders for alteration of installations that fail to comply fully with the code.
- Maintain routine contact with the designated representative(s) of the Board of Health in regard to the issuances of permits, the review of plans, the scheduling of inspections and all other program activities.
- Maintain all records and reports to document the status of plumbing installations, inspections, and plan reviews.
- Maintain a log of all inspections, property visits and examinations, plan reviews, and other relevant plumbing program activities performed. The log shall contain sufficient information to determine the Inspector’s activity, status of the project being examined, and approval or disapproval of each inspection. This log shall be submitted to the Board of Health as required. The Inspector shall keep a true and accurate monthly service report detailing the professional services provided for that month. The monthly report shall serve as the Inspector’s invoice for payment of services rendered upon written approval by the Board of Health’s designee.
- Maintain all required state certifications as required by the Ohio Administrative and Revised Codes and provide evidence of such certification to the Board of Health as requested.
- Adhere to any and all Occupational Safety and Health Administration standards relevant to job duties and employ all necessary safety policies and procedures to minimize the potential for accidents or injuries while performing duties associated with this position.
- Plumbing Inspection: Residential $50.00/inspection; Commercial $75.00/inspection
- Plan Review: Residential $50.00/plan review; Commercial $100.00/plan review
- Consultation/Complaint Inspection: Residential $50.00/inspection; Commercial $75.00/inspection
Please complete the online application on our website, www.ccbh.net/jobs
All applicants are required to upload a resume and include a cover letter with their application.
Deadline to Apply: November 10, 2023