Posting Date: September 23, 2020 Deadline: Until filled
JOB TITLE: CLERK/SECRETARY
DEPARTMENT: BUILDING DEPARTMENT
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: DEPARTMENT HEAD
STATUS: FULL-TIME, CLASSIFIED, NON-EXEMPT, BARGAINING
COMPENSATION: Step 1 $20.8 /hr. – Step 6 $25.67/hr.
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service in person and via telephone, communicating in a timely and professional manner with citizens, visitors, city employees, vendors, contractors, applicants, and the public, representing the best interest of the city, anticipating needs, and resolving customer service inquiries.
- Confirms that permits are received per approved plans.
- Verifies completeness of applications.
- Prepare Building Permits/Certificates and collects appropriate application fees for sign-off.
- Answers phone for Department and City main line. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Arranges and sometimes participates in complex activities such as meetings, special projects, travel, etc.
- Types and designs correspondence, conformance letters, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc., as needed.
- Prepares and processes requisitions, purchase orders and invoices for payment.
- Prepares and processes requisitions, purchase orders and invoices for Performance Bonds.
- Maintains Contractor registration database.
- Maintains records in accordance with the City’s records retention schedule.
- Prepares reports for the Department Head to present to City Council, Boards and Commissions of the City, and the general public.
- Provide clerical support to the Planning and Zoning Director and other Departments as needed.
- Board of Building Standards compliance enforcement.
- Signs documents for Department Head, as delegated.
- Sorts and distributes mail.
- Maintain and update Department City’s website.
- Assist when needed as back-up for the Zoning Department, Water Department and other departments.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
· High School diploma or general education degree (GED), and one (1) to three (3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to read, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, repair manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively speak, read and understand English language.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a completed City of Streetsboro Employment Application to the Human Resources Dept.