Mayor Pamela Bobst
Reports To: Building Commissioner Salary: $9.98 – $22.26 per hour
Shift: Up to 25 hours a week FLSA Status: Exempt
Under general direction of the Building Commissioner, The Property Maintenance inspector tracks and inspects properties throughout the City and answers property maintenance complaints along with various miscellaneous duties to assist the department as needed.
- Enforce all property maintenance codes
- Advises property owners of violations of the property maintenance code.
- Assist the property owner in complying with laws, codes and regulations.
- Ensure code compliance through the use of warnings and court citations.
- Daily inspection of exterior properties
- Follow-up on all property maintenance complaints.
- Continuous sidewalk inspections.
- Perform zoning compliance inspections as needed.
- Enter data to record inspections, notes and compliance decisions on a computerized tracking system.
- Utilize minimum office time to enter data and record inspections, notes and compliance decisions on computerized tracking system.
- This position requires outdoor work.
- Performs routine rental property and exterior property maintenance inspections when needed.
- Assists department staff in performing
various duties including but not limited to:*
- Performs routine clerical duties including data entry, copying, filing and faxing
- Performs receptionist duties; answers telephone, records and forwards messages, and assists visitors to front desk, providing information as needed
miscellaneous duties as needed or assigned*
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A valid State of Ohio driver’s license is required.
- Strong computer and communication skills.
- At least Two (2) years of previous experience involving residential and/or commercial construction, or an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the skills and abilities necessary to perform the job.
Position will be posted until filled. Applications may be obtained at www.rrcity.com/employment.html or at Rocky River City Hall. Submit completed application, cover letter and resume, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at:
Michael T. Greco, Director
Human Resources Department
City of Rocky River
21012 Hilliard Boulevard
Rocky River, OH 44116
The City of Rocky River is an Equal Opportunity Employer