The City of Lyndhurst is accepting applications for the position of the Building Commissioner. This position is responsible for implementing the City Building Codes as needed to ensure conformance with standards; serves as the Chief Building Official, coordinate the Board of Architectural Review, Zoning Appeals and Planning Commission; directs and manages the Building Department including supervising assigned staff; and performs related duties as required. The Building Commissioner reports directly to the Mayor and works in a team environment with City officials. Lyndhurst welcomes candidates with at least five (5) years of administrative experience as a building contractor, building inspector, architectural-structural engineer or related field. The successful candidate must have good oral and written communication skills and have demonstrated success enforcing the codified ordinance of the City and interacting with personal and business property owners, developers, architects and contractors on a daily basis.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must be a State of Ohio certified Building Official.
- Must currently hold non-residential and residential certification as a Building Inspector, Electrical Inspector, Mechanical Inspector, and Fire Protection Inspector.
- Non-residential and/or residential Plumbing Inspector and Master Plans Examiner certifications desired.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Ability to understand all national, state, and local building and related codes.
- Ability to read and interpret technical materials relevant to these codes for the purpose of communicating appropriate information to applicants, code violators, and other appropriate parties.
- Ability to direct, supervise, and coordinate the functions and activities of the Lyndhurst Building Department.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with constituencies.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify and implement solutions.
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities in a highly ethical manner.
- Must have knowledge and a general understating of public administration including budgeting and program management.
Status: Permanent, Full-Time Annual Salary: $75,000-$100,031
Date Posted: November 30, 2015 Closing Date: December 23, 2015
Submit resume and cover letter “marked confidential” to:
City of Lyndhurst
Attention: Finance Director
5301 Mayfield Road
Lyndhurst, OH 44124
-Or- email to: firstname.lastname@example.org