Job Title: Manager – Housing
Department: Mayor’s Office
Status: A. Unclassified B. Exempt – FLSA
Job Summary: Responsible for the administration of the Housing Division, for the enforcement of the City’s Housing Code and for the administration of various housing rehabilitation programs currently conducted by the department. Works under the immediate direction of the Mayor or his/her designee.
Job Duties and Ability to:
- Coordinate, administer and enforce housing code violation compliance.
- Coordinate, administer and enforce nuisance code violations.
- Manage compliance of nuisance team regarding city trash cans and littering.
– Enforce residential housing registration requirements.
– Oversee process compliance for cases prepared for prosecution and/or court.
– Operate and maintain department computer system and network.
– Research, review and evaluate inspection systems, procedures and alternatives.
– Prepare reports relative to operations as requested.
– Respond to citizen and council inquiries.
- Demonstrate judgment and leadership in supervising department employees and
enforcing City policies.
– Perform duties of housing inspector as necessary.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
(The description above represents the most significant duties of this position but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the factor degrees assigned.)
Work Environment: Light work (exerting up to 30 lbs. of force occasionally). Indoor/outdoor. Subject to hazards: moving mechanical parts, electric current, water, chemicals; Atmospheric conditions: fumes, odors, dusts, gases. Physical activity: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing and walking. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requirements: Associate or Bachelors degree in a related field. Minimum of five years experience managing programs, budgets, housing inspection and supervising staff. Three years or more of any combination of additional related training and/or experience that will provide the required skills and abilities could substitute for the college degree requirement.
Housing construction, rehabilitation and International Code Council (ICC) certification preferred. Computer literacy including data base management desirable. Valid driver’s license. Ability to: express and exchange ideas and instructions accurately and clearly.
The City of Euclid does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Pay range: $22.45-$44.58/hour, commensurate with experience
Schedule: Full Time 8:30am-5:00pm M-F
Applications can be obtained at www.cityofeuclid.com or at City Hall. Position will remain open until filled. Current employees please use an internal application.