The City of Euclid is seeking a full-time Building Inspector.
The Building Inspector is responsible for the inspection and the enforcement of the Ohio Building Code and Codiﬁed Ordinances of the City of Euclid and works under the immediate direction of the Certiﬁed Building Ofﬁcial or his/her designee.
- Inspection of permitted work for code compliance.
- Observe building conditions and issue correction notices to responsible parties.
- Obtain evidence, documentation and prepare non-compliance reports.
- Maintain inspection records and follow-up as needed.
- Communicate with and inform building owners, contractors, regarding inspection results.
- Respond to complaints and requests
- Testify in court in regards to non-compliance of homeowners or contractors.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Requirements: High school graduate. Valid driver’s license. Valid state certiﬁcation in two (2) or more of the following categories: Building Inspector, Electrical Safety Inspector, Plumbing Inspector, Mechanical Inspector, Residential Building Inspector, Residential Mechanical Inspector, or Residential Building Ofﬁcial. Ability to: express and exchange ideas and instructions accurately, clearly by means of the spoken and written word.
Work Environment: Light work (exerting up to 20 lbs. Of force occasionally). Indoor/outdoor.
Subject to hazards: moving mechanical parts, electric current, water, chemicals; atmospheric conditions: fumes, odors, dusts, gases. Physical activity: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, feeling.
It is the policy of the City of Euclid to seek and employ the best-qualified individuals for all positions, to provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees, including upgrading, promotion and training: and to administer these activities in a manner that will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation or gender expression, genetic information, military status or veteran status.
Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Mon-Fri
Pay: $28.14 (1st 90 days) $29.14 (after 90 days)
This position will remain open until filled. Applicants may apply directly at: