The City of Bedford has a great Full-Time opportunity for an Administrative Secretary in our Building Department. This job is responsible for providing excellent customer service to the public, property owners and construction contractors.
This is an interesting job with a lot of variety. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits
including medical, dental and vision coverage options, paid time off and a great retirement plan.
- This is a highly responsible administrative position involving the performance of a wide range of delegated responsibilities.
- The work involves providing administrative support to the Building Commissioner and to the building inspectors and various building-related committees when required.
- A high degree of computer literacy with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel will be required.
- Will have a firm grasp of high school level English, Composition and Mathematics is required.
- Familiarity with Bedford Codified Ordinances with emphasis on Building and Zoning Codes is essential.
Starting pay range: $55,000 – $59,000.00
- Performs diverse and complex secretarial work; performs confidential assignments; handles a variety of administrative details involving contacts with other department heads and various city officials and representatives.
- Prepares requisitions and assists with coding, processing and record keeping of City Hall purchases and services rendered for accounts payable.
- Submits and confirms payroll information.
- Maintain confidentiality and make reasonable decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Issue Building Permits and Contractor registrations.
- Be accountable for receivables related to permit and registration fees.
- Compose letters, memos, and other city-related correspondence.
- Prepare various reports, certificates, citations, invoices, notices, and miscellaneous documents relating to compliance with Bedford Ordinances.
- Assist in the answering of a heavy volume of telephone calls to the Building Department.
- Receive, document, and respond to inquiries and complaints from local citizens and business community.
- Be prepared to discuss questions and inquiries regarding housing, building, and zoning codes.
- Assist in handling the maintenance responsibilities for City Hall and other City-owned properties.
- Provide support when required for the City Manager and other departments as needed.
- Cooperate to maintain in good order all Building Department records and files.
- Act as secretary for the Bedford Historical Preservation Committee and other city committees and boards when required.
- Perform other duties in support of the Building and Economic Development Departments at the direction of the Building Commissioner.
Email Applications to: MGreer@BedfordOh.gov