The City of Avon Lake is currently accepting applications and resumes for a Full-time Electrical Safety/Building Inspector.
The successful applicant must have knowledge and experience in:
• Conducting building and electrical inspections of new and existing buildings of all use groups;
• Prepare inspection reports, and communicate these findings to the Building Official;
• Communicate the results of an inspection report to the property owner, their contractor or agent;
• Examine and review plans and drawings;
• Interact and communicate with the public and contractors in a professional, courteous and prompt manner;
• Using various instruments including but not limited to: computers, printers, scanners, photocopiers, multi-line telephone systems, etc.
APPLICANT MUST POSSESS AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION.
• An Ohio Valid Driver’s License;
• Certifications from the Ohio Board of Buildings Standards;
◦ Building Inspector (BI);
◦ Electrical Safety Inspector (ESI)
◦ Plumbing Inspector (PI)
SUCCESFULL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO;
• Criminal background check;
• Drug screening;
• Agility test.
PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO;
City of Avon Lake Building Department
c/o Tom Carleton, CBO
750 Avon Belden
Avon Lake, Ohio 44012
You may also contact Tom Carleton at; 440-930-4102 with any questions or comments.
The City of Avon Lake is an equal opportunity employer.