Sign On Bonus
SAFEbuilt is currently seeking top talent for a Building Official Position in our Bay Village, Ohio office. You’ll be a member of our highly respected building department team with a full complement of resources to support you and exciting projects to keep you challenged. Candidates must hold their Ohio Certified Building Official certification.
SAFEbuilt has a 25 year history of providing building department services as a government contractor. Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. Join the other highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement.
We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
- Responsible for meeting all state and locally mandated code compliance and reporting requirements.
- Apply knowledge of building codes, policies, and procedures to the day-to-day functions of the building department.
- Serve as the primary liaison with our clients in this area and is responsible for ensuring that we deliver the highest level of customer service
- Responsible for attending department and community meetings as required by the client.
- Perform residential plan reviews
- Perform inspection support as needed.
- Be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge of local building code regulations, policies and procedures
- Client and team management experience in a building department setting
- Have solid computer skills and experience using MS Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exercise initiative and display independent judgment
- Be self-directed and self-motivated
- Inspection experience for commercial and residential structures.
- Ohio Certified Building Official
Ohio Inspector certifications in multiple trades preferred
SALARY RANGE: Competitive salary and strong benefit package including company vehicle