Job Title: Building Inspector 1
Job Posting Date: November 7, 2019
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Supervisor’s Job Title: Building Commissioner
To perform inspections on residential and non-residential structures for compliance with the Building Codes and Codified Ordinances of the City of South Euclid.
High School Diploma or equivalent and a valid Ohio Driver’s license. Must possess a current Ohio Board of Building Standards Certification for Building Inspector and Residential Building Inspector, or be able to obtain those certifications within a mutually determined deadline from date of hire. Additional certifications for Residential Plumbing may be required. The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Proficient use of MS Word and Excel and basic computer skills is required. Individual must be detail oriented, a self-starter, possess excellent customer service skills, and be able to function well in stressful situations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform State certified and non-State certified building inspections relative to all residential and commercial occupancies.
2. Perform inspections on property and structures to determine compliance with property maintenance codes.
3. Perform administrative tasks related to inspections conducted to include preparation of violation notices, maintenance of inspection files, computer data entry, and representing the City in court.
4. Communicate with the public, residents and contractors regarding issues of code compliance including providing information and explanation of statements of non-compliance.
5. Report status of inspections to Commissioner of Building and seek advice regarding issues of non-compliance.
Send application and resume to:
City of South Euclid
1349 S Green Rd, South Euclid, Oh 44121
Attn: Laura Heilman, Building Commissioner