The Village of Oakwood is seeking qualified candidates to fill an open full-time position as a “Housing / Building Inspector. The successful candidate will work under direction of the Chief Building Official to enforce the Village’s Property Maintenance Code, Zoning Code and enforce the Ohio Residential Code and Ohio Building Code in the fields upon which the candidate is certified.
The successful candidate must communicate professionally with the public at large. Some of the duties and responsibilities of the position are:
- Conduct property maintenance inspections
- Conduct exterior point of sale inspections
- Conduct residential inspections (in the areas where certified)
- Conduct Ohio Building Code inspections (in the areas where certified)
- Enforcing housing and zoning codes and ordinances
- Develop inspection reports
- Maintain inspection files and records, which include digitizing of existing files and newly developed files.
- Enforce the Building Inspection provisions of the Ohio Residential code
- Answers questions from public at large regarding the inspection process;
- Prepares reports and maintains records of inspections;
- At times, and when directed by the Chief Building Official, attend Planning and Zoning meetings.
- Work under the direction of the Chief Building Official
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and considerable experience in building construction and/or permit inspections.
Applicants must possess and maintain a valid Residential Building Inspector and an International Code Council (ICC) Property Maintenance and Housing Inspector Certification.
Electrical, mechanical, and/or plumbing certifications are preferred, but not mandatory.
A current, valid State of Ohio driver’s license and a driving record that is acceptable to the Village’s risk managers and insurers.
The Village of Oakwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Please return applications to:
Village of Oakwood, Building Department
c/o Chief Building Official Daniel F. Marinucci
23035 Broadway Avenue – Suite B
Oakwood Village, Ohio 44146