Housing Inspector Job Opening
Organization: Village of Newburgh Heights, 3801 Harvard Avenue, Newburgh Heights, OH 44105
Department: Housing & Building Department
Position: Housing Inspector; Part-Time (16-20 hours); Non Exempt
Supervisor: Housing & Building Commissioner
Position Summary: Perform exterior and interior inspections on residential structures utilizing property maintenance codes and the Codified Ordinances of the Village of Newburgh Heights, such as; rental inspections, point of sale, and curbside inspections. Communicate with residents and rental property owners regarding code compliance and perform administrative tasks related to preparation of inspection reports, computer data entry, providing resources, and occasionally attending monthly Mayor’s Court. Candidates with home inspection training or experience, community development or non-profit housing experience, property management experience, or a desire to obtain a residential building inspector certification with the Board of Building Standards preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent certificate,
- Valid State of Ohio driver’s license,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Comfortably engaging residents, property owners, administrative and community leaders individually or in large groups,
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative during periods of minimal supervision,
- Possess excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines,
- Possess above-average computer skills and ability to use up-to-date technology in the field,
- Physical ability to work outdoors, potentially in inclement weather, walk on uneven surfaces, to climb stairs, and to move or lift objects up to (30) pounds.
Ohio Public Employee Retirement System (OPERS)
Equity: The Village of Newburgh Heights is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or any other protected status.
Application: To apply, candidates should submit a resume in PDF format to Kristine Pagsuyoin, Housing & Building Commissioner at firstname.lastname@example.org.