Property Maintenance & Rental Inspector (Part-Time)
Pamela E. Bobst, Mayor
Reports To: Building Commissioner
Shift: Up to 25 hours a week FLSA Status: Exempt
Under general direction of the Building Commissioner, The rental inspector tracks and inspects rental properties in the City and performs property maintenance inspections along with various miscellaneous duties to assist the department as needed.
- Tracks all Residential rental properties within the city.
- Ensure all rental property owners are registered and licensed by City
- Ensure through inspections that rental properties are in compliance with relevant laws and codes.
- Enforce all property maintenance codes
- Advises property owners of violations of the property maintenance code.
- Assist the property owner in complying with laws, codes and regulations.
- Ensure code compliance through the use of warnings and court citations.
- Enters data to record inspections, notes and compliance decisions on computerized tracking system.
- Performs routine rental property and exterior property maintenance inspections as required.
- Assists department staff in performing various duties including but not limited to:*
- Performs routine clerical duties including data entry, copying, filing and faxing
- Performs receptionist duties; answers telephone, records and forwards messages, and assists visitors to front desk, providing information as needed
*Performs miscellaneous duties as needed or assigned*
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A valid State of Ohio driver’s license is required.
- Strong computer and communication skills.
- At least five (5) years of previous experience involving residential and/or commercial construction, or an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the skills and abilities necessary to perform the job.
Position will be posted until filled. Applications may be obtained at www.rrcity.com/employment.html or at Rocky River City Hall. Submit completed application, cover letter and resume, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at:
Michael T. Greco, Director
Human Resources Department
City of Rocky River
21012 Hilliard Boulevard
Rocky River, OH 44116
The City of Rocky River is an Equal Opportunity Employer