Orange Village is seeking a full time Chief Building Official.
This position is responsible for providing administrative direction and oversight to the Building Division, ensuring that all buildings conform to the established safety, building and zoning codes, coordinate the Planning Zoning/Board of Architectural Review meetings, directs and manages the Building Department including supervising assigned staff; and performs related duties as required. The Chief Building Official reports directly to the Mayor and works in a team environment with Village Officials and staff.
Candidates will possess at least ten (10) years as a construction contractor or superintendent of building construction for building of structures dealing with all phases and trades of construction for residential and commercial building. Work experience of at least five (5) years with another governmental inspection agency is recommended. The successful candidate must have good/solid oral and written communication skills and have a strong work record of demonstrated success enforcing the Ohio Building Code and interacting with property owners, homeowners, business owners, developers, architects and contractors on a daily basis.
- An Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Construction, Engineering or Industrial Technology or related field; OR, any combination of education and experience equivalent may be acceptable if deemed equivalent.
- License or Certifications Required:
- Class I Building Official
- Class III Building Inspector
- Electrical Safety Inspector
- State Certified Plumbing Inspector (non-residential and residential)
- Current, valid State of Ohio driver’s license and a driving record that is acceptable to the Village’s risk managers and insurers.
This position requires multi-tasking, problem solving, working with various teams and good public relation skills. The successful applicant must be self-motivated and goal oriented. Salary will be commensurate with experience and licensing.
Send resumes with compensation history, requirements and three work related references to Mayor Kathy Mulcahy, 4600 Lander Road, Orange Village, OH 44022 or email@example.com.
Orange Village is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.