SAFEbuilt is currently seeking talented, energetic Building Plans Examiners to support their Greater Cleveland Area operations. This position offers great opportunity for dynamic, motivated self-starters to work on a variety of assignments. You’ll be a member of our highly respected building department team with a full complement of resources to support you and exciting projects to keep you challenged.
SAFEbuilt has a 20 year history of providing building department services as a government contractor. Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. Join the other highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement.
We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
- Reviews all plans and specifications for commercial, industrial, and residential projects to ensure compliance with city, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Initiates preconstruction conferences with contractors and/or developers and associated staff members.
- Provides technical direction and assistance to inspection personnel relating to field problems.
- Assess and resolve complaints received from clients, applicants, public, designers, and contractors.
- Regularly interacts directly with municipal clients and their staff.
- May be required to perform inspections on as needed basis, providing interpretation of codes in the field.
- Attends meetings, educational seminars, and functions relating to building codes.
- Extensive knowledge of local building codes and current construction procedures/technology.
- Must possess the ability to positively interact with other staff members, the general public, contractors, governmental agencies, and other clientele.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Good time management, organization, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and a considerable amount of independent judgment.
- Ability to prepare written plan review correspondence and update information into software programs.
- Candidate must be able to handle multiple projects in a fast paced atmosphere.
- Candidate must stay familiar and up to date with different editions of the Ohio Building Codes.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
Must have Interim Master Plans Examiner certification as issued by the Ohio Board of Building Standards and be certified as Ohio registered Architect or Professional Engineer per ORC Chapter 4733 at date of hire AND 5 yrs. related experience in building design and construction or building inspection with a certified building department.
- Additional ICC Certifications preferred
- 3-5 years combined experience in building department field inspection and plans examiner duties.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Acceptable driving record.
SALARY RANGE: Competitive compensation package and benefits offered.
Apply At: www.safebuilt.com/careers