Medina County Health Department
External Job Posting
Posted Date: March 8, 2022 Posting Close Date: Open Until Filled
Position: Plumbing Inspector
Employment Status: Non-Exempt, Full Time (40 hrs/wk)
Wage: Hourly, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The Medina County Health Department, a nationally accredited health department, has a full-time career opportunity for a Plumbing Inspector. The duties include but are not limited to the inspection of all residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional plumbing systems within the jurisdiction of the Medina County Combined General Health District.
General Qualifications (including but not limited to):
High school diploma or equivalent, seven years of practical and verifiable installation experience in commercial plumbing, and a Plumbing Inspector Certificate issued from the Ohio Board of Building Standards. Eligible to obtain additional certifications to will include Plumbing Plans Examiner issued from Ohio Board of Building Standards and ASSE 6020 Medical Gas Systems Inspector Certification within a specified timeframe upon hire. Valid Ohio driver’s license required with ability to meet insurability requirements.
Essential Functions of the Position (include but are not limited to):
- Excellent oral, written, and analytical skills along with a proficiency using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) required.
- Inspects plumbing systems and medical gas systems to conformance with approved plans, specifications and approved engineered design. Uses Ohio Building Codes to ensure jobsite compliance to the rules of the Ohio Board of Building Standards and to NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code.
- Reviews blueprints and engineering drawings for compliance and provides technical advice to design professionals, contractors, owners, and operators regarding Ohio Plumbing Code and/or local regulations.
- Works with other staff and departments to provide environmental health plumbing knowledge in relation to plumbing code and/or communicable disease investigations.
- Routine interaction with public officials, citizens, vendors, clients, patrons, and applicants to gather and process information; cooperative/coordinating responsibility with other departments.
- Other related duties as assigned.
• Inspections and work activities in other environmental health programs (food service, retail food establishment, schools, pools, general nuisances, body art, mosquito control, solid waste, etc.) as assigned by the Director.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants will apply by completing the Medina County Health Department Employment Application located on our website at www.medinahealth.org. Please print out and complete the application and send to: Human Resources, Medina County Health Department, 4800 Ledgewood Drive, Medina, Ohio 44256; or fax to (330) 723-9659; or e-mail to email@example.com. EOE