BUILDING AND ELECTRICAL AND/OR PLUMBING INSPECTOR
POSITION TITLE: Certified Building with Certified Electrical and/or Certified Plumbing Inspector
CLASSIFICATION NO.: AFSCME
DEPARTMENT: Building FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Building Commissioner SALARY RANGE: $33.91 – $38.85
The City of North Royalton is seeking full time Certified Building with Certified Electrical and/or Certified Plumbing Inspector, will perform both building and electrical and/or plumbing inspections if applicable, on residential and commercial buildings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following list of essential job functions is not exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Perform inspections at various sites of new and existing construction, for alteration and repairs
- Ensure code and ordinance compliance of state of Ohio adopted general building codes and electrical codes and/or plumbing codes; identify violations
- Maintain and submit inspection records; issue violation letters and citations
- Review plans and prepare permit documentation for residential and commercial projects
- Provide information and assistance to the general public related to state of Ohio adopted building codes, National Electrical Codes and/or Ohio Plumbing Code if applicable to applicant’s current certifications
- Investigate complaints and respond to requests related to building and property maintenance
- Adhere to safety and attendance policies
- Enters inspection results electronically in the field from a mobile device
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate and problem solve effectively; interact in a courteous manner with staff and the general public
- Must be able to read and interpret construction documents and site drawings
- Knowledge of building code inspections, plan examinations and experience in constructions and or renovation of commercial and or residential units
- Must be able to prepare clear and concise reports and correspondence utilizing information technology with Microsoft Office, mobile applications and proprietary software
- Work independently, meet deadlines and follow up when necessary
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Ideal candidate will feel comfortable with technology and capable of entering inspection results on a mobile device
QUALIFICATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must possess OBBS Commercial Electrical Safety Inspector Certification and/or Commercial Plumbing Inspector Certification
- Must possess OBBS Building Inspector Certification and Residential Building Inspector Certification
- Must be able to climb and kneel. Must have a valid Ohio Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
- Additional OBBS Certifications are encouraged (may increase starting pay)
- Will be required to complete public records training
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics are those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee has the ability to work safely; Standing, walking, use hands and fingers, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and walk on uneven or slippery surfaces. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive use of computer keyboard. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in the office and moderate to loud in the field.
TO APPLY: Applications are available at www.northroyalton.org and City Hall, 14600 State Road, North Royalton, OH 44133 between 8:00am and 4:30pm. Completed applications can be dropped off at City Hall or emailed to email@example.com.
The City of North Royalton is an Equal Opportunity Employer