Job Title: FT or PT Building/Plumbing/Electrical Inspector
Job Posting Date October 20, 2017
Full Time Position = Union Bargaining Status/current salary range $26.49 per hour ($55,099.20 yearly)
Part-Time Position = Non-Union Status / $25.16 per hour – Generally no more than 29 hours per week.
Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Supervisor’s Job Title: Chief Building Official
Membership in one (1) OBOA chapter along with monthly meetings as part of training for hours for renewing certifications as required by the BBS.
Position Summary: To perform inspections on residential and non-residential structures for compliance with the Residential Code of Ohio, Ohio Building Code, Ohio Plumbing Code, Ohio Mechanical Code, Ohio Energy Code, National Fuel Gas Code, National Electrical Code and other adopted Ohio Building Codes along with the City of North Canton Codified Ordinances.
Position Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent and a valid Ohio Driver’s License. Must possess a current Ohio Board of Building Standards certification for a Building Inspector (BI), Plumbing Inspector (PI) and/or an Electrical Safety Inspector (ESI) certifications. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, Proficient use of MS Word and Excel. Individual must be detail oriented, skilled in customer service, and able to function well in stressful situations. Knowledge of Franklin System, ability to interact with a tablet and building code software
Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Provide prompt, courteous, polite, and professional service and communication to the customers of the City.
- Perform building inspections relative to all residential and non-residential structures in compliance with all adopted Ohio building codes.
- Perform administrative tasks relating to inspections conducted to include preparation of violation notices, maintenance of inspection files and computer data entry.
- Communicate with the public, residents and contractors regarding issues of code compliance including providing information and explanation of statements of non-compliance.
- May interact on issues of Zoning and Property Maintenance
- Reports to the Chief Building Official regarding status of inspections and seeks advice regarding issues of non-compliance.