The Building Department is seeking an energetic person for the FULL-TIME position of Clerical Support. The applicant will possess a desire to serve the public and be a self-starter with excellent customer service skills. Consistency and accuracy in your work is a MUST. The ideal candidate can present knowledge of the building trades, including methods and terms. This is a high-volume office and the ability to multi-task is a necessity.
The selected candidate will be responsible for any clerical duties within the Building Department including but not limited to: :
- 30-day probation period
- Support developers, contractors and residents in person and by phone.
- Proficient with office equipment including computers, printers, fax, copiers. & Mailing equip.
- Proficient with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Learn and master Smart Gov building software.
- Issue building permits and schedule inspections.
- Daily mail pickup and must be processed daily.
- Count money at the end of the workday.
- Type compliance certificates and POS statements for inspectors.
- Must share responsibility of answering phones and strive to respond to department voicemail inquiries within the same business day.
- Prepare court paperwork, issue various permits, enter auditor updates and contact updates in Smart Gov.
- Monthly annual foreclosure renewals.
- Daily AM scheduling of inspector schedules.
- Time sensitive research of property ownership, update databases, track foreclosures and Sheriff sales obtained from multiple record sources.
- Prepare documents to support court filings within timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned / requested
- Pre-employment testing includes: Typing test, 10-key, and completion of a sample Building Department assessment form.
Starting pay rate is $17.28 per hour For more information, please click here.
The City shall be the sole judge of the applicants’ qualifications, skills and abilities based on information supplied by the applicant, previous records and the applicants’ employment history with the City of Garfield Heights. This is a Union position under Local 2729 and Ohio Council 8 AFSCME, AFL-CIO.