To apply: https://jobapply.page.link/iXEz or MBenedetti@safebuilt.com
We are seeking Building Officials in the Columbus and Cleveland Areas. We are offering a signing bonus and relocation assistance for qualified candidates. We offer competitive compensation, a company vehicle, paid time off, paid training and more…
Building Official and ESI – West Cleveland
SAFEbuilt currently has an opening for a Building Official to join our Cleveland area operation. This position is the key client manager for municipalities as well as team supervisor. We are looking for someone with strong work ethic, leadership and customer service skills.
- Responsible for meeting all state and locally mandated code compliance and reporting requirements.
- Apply knowledge of building codes, policies, and procedures to the day-to-day functions of the building department.
- Serve as the primary liaison with our clients in this area and is responsible for ensuring that we deliver the highest level of customer service
- Responsible for attending department and community meetings as required by the client.
- Perform some plan reviews both commercial and residential in all trades.
- Perform inspection support as needed.
- Supervise building department staff.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge of local building code regulations, policies and procedures
- Have solid computer skills and experience using MS Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exercise initiative and display independent judgment
- Be self-directed and self-motivated
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- OH Building Official, Residential Building Official and Building Inspector Certifications Required
- OH ESI Certification
- ICC Inspector certifications in multiple trades preferred
- Client and team management experience in a building department setting
- Experience supervising building department staff
- Inspection and Plan review experience for commercial and residential structures
COMPENSATION: SAFEbuilt pays competitive wages and has a strong benefit offering including company vehicle.
More About SAFEbuilt: The fastest growing provider of privatized community development solutions in the country, SAFEbuilt partners with over 1000 communities of all shapes and sizes throughout the country for the efficient delivery of privatized community development solutions including: building department services, community and transportation planning & zoning and community improvement services. Learn more at: http://safebuilt.com/
With Growth Comes Opportunity! Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. SAFEbuilt employs over 1000 highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement. We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
SAFEbuilt is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us directly on 970-292-2000.