SAFEbuilt is currently seeking a talented and experienced Building Plans Examiner/Architect for our Ohio Operations. This position offers great opportunity for dynamic, motivated self-starters to work on a variety of work assignments. You’ll be a member of our highly respected building department team with a full complement of resources to support you and exciting projects to keep you challenged.
SAFEbuilt has a 25 year history of providing building department services as a government contractor. Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. Join the other highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement.
We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
Apply HERE: https://goo.gl/aM1nrX
- Reviews all plans and specifications for commercial and industrial projects to ensure compliance with city, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Initiates pre-construction conferences with contractors and/or developers and associated staff members.
- Provides technical direction and assistance to inspection personnel relating to field problems.
- Assess and resolve complaints received from clients, applicants, public, designers, and contractors.
- Regularly interacts directly with municipal clients and their staff.
- Attends meetings, educational seminars, and functions relating to building codes.
- Extensive knowledge of local building codes and current construction procedures/technology.
- Must possess the ability to positively interact with other staff members, the general public, contractors, governmental agencies, and other clientele.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Good time management, organization, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and a considerable amount of independent judgment.
- Ability to prepare written plan review correspondence and update information into company software programs.
- Candidate must be able to handle multiple projects in a fast paced atmosphere.
- Candidate must stay familiar and up to date with current editions of the Ohio Building Codes.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- ICC Building Plans Examiner certification required.
- ICC Plans Examiner Certifications in multiple trades preferred.
- Ohio Master Plans Examiner certification required.
- Ohio Registration an an Architect or Professional Engineer.
- 3-5 years combined experience in building department plans examiner duties preferred.
- Acceptable driving record.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary and benefits package.